Up and Running 1


Ok, so finally got the iPhone activated around 9.30 last night, been playing around with it since then, and yes I buckled and installed PhoneSaber...It's AWESOME!


As I'm working today, I thought I'd investigate the Maps in more detail, specifically the directions and GPS tracking.

Now the location services do a pretty spot on job of finding where I am, and tracking me in a moving vehicle, so that was promising. I tapped in the destination post code and it gave me the same directions as it would using Google Maps on a standard computer.

The problem here is that I don't want this route, it takes me up and around the motorway, whereas I know the cross country route that takes around the same amount of time. That's the one I want (I've had far too much motorway driving recently).

Now on 'normal' maps you can just grab hold of the middle of the route and change it to where you want it to go.


No such luck (that I can find) on the iPhone. Nor, does it seem am I able to add a waypoint by dropping another pin in. I can get directions to or from that pin, but not via.

This is a bit of a bugger, now while it's not too big a deal for today's trip, as most of the journey I know and I'll print off the GMaps for the end bit, part of the idea behind getting an iPhone 3G is to save having to buy a separate SatNav. (Still no word on the TomTom software btw, will keep checking).

Obviously I need to do some more playing around and reading up as there may be something I can do with the maps here that I've not found yet, obviously comments are welcome. Now I'm off to print my Google Maps.





Pownce it! Pownce it!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.